Sunday, November 04, 2007

Day 2, Slot 1, 11th hour Signed out

Finally my ordeal is over. I got placed in the last company to come in Slot 1, IBM. I'm won't reveal my feelings right now but let it suffice to say that it's a mixed feeling. There's this relief on the one hand, I don't have to undergo the whole ordeal for two (or more) days. Then, let's just say it's not my dream company but mind you, it doesn't mean that I'm disappointed. I got short-listed in only 4 companies, so there's nothing much I could have done. It's a bad feeling knowing that you're not even getting a chance to fight. Of course, people who got rejects after rejects after being short-listed in most of the companies will beg to differ. I haven't gone through their experience, so I left it to your discretion. A few people are lucky – they got signed out really early from the company of their choice. Some were happy to realize they finally made it to a company of their choice. Many are happy to have got into their preferred area. Some are disappointed they didn't get into their preferred area and many are still keeping their fingers crossed.


As for me, well, when I have nothing else to say, I say, "Everything happens for the best".


Well, I'm looking forward to the whole summer experience. I hope it turns out to be a good experience with a good project, something from which I can actually learn. I'll be going with an open mind and try to extract as much value-addition and fun as possible. Wish me all the best.


And to all the guys, who made it, congratulations.


And to all the guys, who are still to make it, remember u're an XLer, nothing's gonna stop you, it's only a matter of hours. Best of luck, guys.


Now, I'm going to sleep in the happy knowledge that I can ignore those irritating early morning wake up calls.


[Here I'd like to mention that for any details regarding the whole process and the actual numbers, please contact the official placecom cell. Forget it if you think I'm gonna reveal anything right now or ever.]

No comments: