Tuesday, March 06, 2007

2 days before D-Day - Restrospect and Introspect

March 6th, 2006 17:05:
[Did you know the Indian GDP is around $4 Trillions? Or that the FM has introduced FBTs on ESOPs? Or that this year Indian IT companies will come under MAT (it's supposed to be tax holiday for Indian IT companies till 2009)? Or that the inflation is above 6% already and it's growing and the Government is worried? Or that I think the Americans are playing some sort of neo-Imperialism on the Middle-East countries (Iran-Iraq issue)? Or that the Indian IT revenue for FY2006 is around 30b USD excluding hardware revenue, of which about 23b is exports? Or that I'm boring you with all these facts which u can find out by just googling? ...]

It's 2 days now to D-Day. It's hard to believe that after 48 hours, it's gonna be over. "Will I, won't I?". I guess there's no use in answering this question. My motto is "Live Right". It means whatever u do, do it right. So, that's what I'm going to do. Do it right and hope for the best.

For the uninitiated, 2 days from now is my XL interview. It's my only call this year because of the CAT verbal section fiasco (don't really want to comment on this. So, don't ask).

The feeling right now is that I'm confident to say I'm confident. I've prepared what I think I should prepare. Now, from tomorrow, all I'm gonna do this relax. For that, I've bought MAD's bathroom companion and I'm gonna laugh my head off. (Yh, yh, I know I'm "mad" for liking MAD magazines. In fact, I'm thinking of getting a certification from the MAD guys themselves. They'll readily give if I just mentioned I'm a fan of their magazine). Ok, coming back to the thread... The whole journey of preparing for MBA is rewarding in itself. I've really gone into introspection about myself and my career, have become more aware, have taken an interest in both business and social issues. The biggest gain is that I've got a clearer goal in sight, I've something to focus on and for me, having a goal is very necessary, I just don't want to be a drifter. I've also become a better thinker, have started becoming opinionated on things which would have bored me a few years back. In short, I've become more mature than what I was a year back. (Does it also mean I've become more snobbish? No way.... "Rover, wanderer, nomad, vagabond.. Call me what you will")

So, finally, it's all going to boil down to this 20-30 mins on 8th March, 2007. Many people, who've known me, who've "interviewed" me, who've assessed me, say I've got a good chance of getting through. But will the panel members have the same opinion. That's the Rs. 4.4 crore question (if you're wondering why Rs. 4.4 crore, then I'm afraid to say u're somewhat slow in getting this "joke". See, 1 dollar = Rs. 44 (approx.). So, a million dollar question is Rs. 44 Million question or Rs. 4.4 Crore question. And Why am I explaining this? Am I trying to prove I'm smarter than you? See, an introspection about my own self). I certainly will try to make that impression on them, that I'm good, that all of us are going to gain if I get through.

Lastly, I hope I'll be writing another blog with good news soon.

Signing off for now, I've still to read up on China's IT industry.

Till next time,
Bij Chabs



No comments: