Friday, March 16, 2007

One of my best poems

Here I lay, thinking quietly
For me, what the coming days hold?
Will they be bright and sunny?
Or filled with days dark and cold?

I cannot say for sure,
What is my destiny?
The future is so obscure..
So big yet so tiny.

But I can say this with confidence,
I can face all the weathers of life.
Only a thing I ask without any pretense,
Hold my hand and walk by my side.

Then a destiny we'll have,
That will be the envy of many.
After all, what do the hearts of people crave?
Something that will make them happy.

With you always by my side awhile,
I have no doubts, no fear.
For I can always look at your smile
Before I close my eyes, my dear.

Poetically yours,
Bij Chabs

[Can't think up of a good title. Any suggestion?]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

unsatisfactorily satisfied human

Anonymous said...

Only desire..