Saturday, November 28, 2009

Damn, I'm so irregular... An update!

Ok, my imaginary friends who're following this blog, and who've been so desperately waiting for an update as to the happenings of my unique experiences called life, here's a quick update (since my last post)....
Term IV ended and it'd been a good life in XL. But the remaining terms were even better. One special thing about writing bout something that happened sometime back is that you remember only the special and interesting ones...

Term Break: Manali-Leh trip with Clubhouse. What a trip!

Term V... Exchange students out of campus, completing MRS project with 2 project members missing (there's a reason why I mentioned it here), Lehmann Bro bankruptcy, sub-prime crisis, not panicking (after all we're XLers), build-up to junior's Summer Placement, Controls working extra-time whenever there's a group assignment, making the mistake of having 3 control members in a 4 member group, PPOs trickling in, terrace parties, Junior night (what a night!), Brother's wedding, Summer Placement, the controversies, the not-so-fortunate-yet-nevertheless-interesting-after-placement-GBM, juniors boycotting a JLT wetnite (a JLT wetnite??), competitions, ensemble, taking the walk of shame, monopoly games, project submissions, actually studying for a change, long walks after dinner, long walks after lunch, end term... well, that bout sums it up

Term VI: New Year Eve wetnite (what a blast!), getting all prep-up for XL-IIMC, Mandarmoni trip, Bhubaneshwar, getting prep-up for pre-placement and final placement, The-hammer-falling-down-on-our-heads GBM, XL-IIMC postponed, desperation and hope, rolling placements, not getting shortlisted, getting shortlisted not clearing GDs, getting placed finally, working for yearbook, OMAXI handover, getting an F for lack of attendance, the pre-convo wetnire, convocation, and finally, a tearful farewell to a home for 2 years.

April: Goa trip with Clubhouse

May - June: Training at Anand... Making new friends. Break-up in Mumbai. Hard times.

July-Oct: Back in NE, headquartered at Guwahati. Missing frens a lot. July was goddamn hard. Alone, getting over a break-up, don't know how I did it.. Mafia Wars helped!

Oct 17th, 2009: Mr. Big concert at Dimapur. Jumped from 1st storey height, broke my left ankle.

Oct 17th - Till date: Bedridden with a plaster on my leg. Finally got down to resuming my blog with this boring post, which I want to get it out of the way, so that I can write more interesting stuffs.

A little reflection though...
XL was fun, no doubt, and it'd been 2 years of my best experiences. Well, it was a bad year to have passed out because of the bloody recession, and it hit our batch pretty bad. Not a perfect ending to a smooth run. But hell, ya, I feel proud of my batch and we got some of the best minds and most of us got less than what we deserve placement-wise (working for less than a third of the pay of what you were reasonably expecting a year back is heartbreaking). But I think, this experience also taught us never to take anything for granted, things can go horribly wrong. Alright, it's a cliché phrase but it's the truth nevertheless.
Things have been good and not so good. There are things which I, although will not say regret but definitely could have done better. I shouldn't have fraxed so much with my acads, I should have attended more classes and woke up earlier. But I'm proud to have known some of the people that I know and calling them friends, I'm proud to have been both a member of Controls and OMAXI, and I'm proud to have walked on that stage wearing that Black and Gold gown and getting my diploma, I'm damn proud to have been an XLer.

Bij Chabs

No comments: